Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

November 7th, 2019 15:00

My m6800 pauses every 2 sconds

My Precision M6800 has started pausing every two seconds. I've tried it with one of the hard drives out.... one at a time .......I have changed the video card to a known good one......I have tried it with speedsep on and off.....I have reduced he cores to 2 I have tried it with no battery in .....I know this is a hardware issue because I have a different OS on each hdd and it affects both the same......can anyone help me?

November 8th, 2019 05:00

Hi SaraLucinda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your efforts in ruining the trouble shooting steps.

You can refer to the link https://dell.to/2NrWKgM and run the trouble shooting steps to isolate the issue. 

If there are any external peripherals connected, you can disconnect them and check if that makes any difference.

November 8th, 2019 06:00

Should I perform all those steps in the macOS system as well? Or the Linux live usb I booted into which also suffered the same symptoms?

November 8th, 2019 13:00

I'm pretty sure it's a sup-par screen....... I had to replace mine recently. I just never even considered I had been ripped off

November 9th, 2019 05:00

Hi,

We understand how inconvenient it is when you have a system that is not working as you expect it to be.

The trouble shooting steps that you have suggested is for Dell Precision M6800. Please check and private message if you need any further assistance.

No Events found!