Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

January 12th, 2020 06:00

PRECISION 5520 - Nvidia GPU not detected

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with a Dell Precision 5520 ():

The discrete GPU is not present anywhere in the BIOS settings or in the windows device manager and i cannot install any kind of drivers for the it (tried some from the Nvidia website and all versions from the dell product page).

Have tried reinstalling the OS/older versions of Windows 10, updating the BIOS, run tests/updated all drivers but with no lock. It's as if the dGPU is not present on this laptop.

Does anyone know what can cause this? Or have any potential solutions i can try?

Kind regards,

Robert

2 Posts

January 20th, 2020 09:00

I have this exact problem too. Just got a 5520 delivered. The screws underneath are stripped so I am worried this is a hardware fault. Nothing in Windows Device Manager or BIOS and Dell diagnostics shows passed but ‘video thermistor’ is N/A. 

What have you decided to do? I think mine will need to be returned. 

1 Message

January 24th, 2020 20:00

Hi, I have the same computer and issue. Working fine for 5 months then one day had an issue with my main use software (Solidworks), tracing the issue led to the Quadro M1200 discrete GPU not being displayed in the device manager. Can view it when enabling 'view hidden devices' although the icon is opaque in contrast to the intel P630 integrated GPU icon.

Nvidia desktop manager not accessible.

Unable to update drivers, either form Dell or Nvidia 'compatible hardware not detected'

Checking status in device manager, 'error code 45 device not connected.

Have tried all kinds of fixes, no results yet.

Any advice will greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Scott

5 Posts

January 28th, 2020 10:00

Recently had this same scenario happen but on a different Precision model (newer).  Turns out to be an actual hardware failure in my case and they system is now with Dell for depot support/repair.  Since it was the dedicated GPU, the integrated was still operational but NVidia GPU disappeared from OS and BIOS.

Running diagnostics did nothing as the system no longer knew it was present.  Might be a hardware issue as well considering pre-OS the GPU is not detected.

1 Message

July 9th, 2021 08:00

I know this is more than a year later, but I just had this same problem. Did anyone find any solution?

1 Message

September 8th, 2021 05:00

Hi everyone.  Same issue here.  M5520.  BIOS/Device manager doesnt see Nvidia card.  I've reformatted and same issue.  

October 11th, 2021 11:00

Hi, I have the same issue, I can't find the Nvidea card in any where, BIOS, Device manager, CPUZ...

Does some one find the solution?

1 Message

September 18th, 2022 09:00

I was using this notebook for more than 4 years as my work computer. The notebook have had my company's windows image, not the original Dell installation, but all drivers were complete and working.

Two days ago my company gave me a new laptop, and I bought this notebook to have a personal computer. Surely my company deleted everything in the laptop. First I made a recovery USB from Dell's support pages. It could not install the system because some server side issues I think. Then I made a recovery USB from Microsoft site and successfully installed Windows.

Then I installed all driver updates from Dell, but I realized the Nvidia display adapter is missing in the device manager. Nvidia driver installations fail saying there is no any compatible device.

I investigated the BIOS, too. It is showing only the integrated Intel display adapter.

Is there a solution to this issue? The Nvidia adapter was working just two days ago, before my company has formatted the device.

• 

25K Posts

September 18th, 2022 09:00

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can start a private message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

1 Message

December 19th, 2023 03:56

Hi, I have the same issue, I can't find the Nvidea card in any where, BIOS, Device manager, CPUZ...

Does some one find the solution?

1 Message

March 20th, 2024 21:50

@king9298​ I have the same problem, has your problem been solved?

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 30th, 2024 23:00

Facing this problem too, it's strange

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 4th, 2024 05:46

@DELL-Cares​ hello there, I got same issue, i bought Dell G15 5520 and working fine for 2 years then one day had an issue, please help me.

No Events found!