Twinned
1 Copper

Precision 3530 chime when idle and external HDMI screen attached.

Hi there.

(This problem has been around since I received my computer 2 years ago)

I've a Precision 3530 with up to date Windows 10. At work I connect an external screen via HDMI. When connected to external screen and computer is idle, in standby, I get random chimes. The same sound as if a USB device was connected and disconnected. This only happens when I have an external screen connected via HDMI. I contacted DELL Support and they made me turn off C-state in BIOS. That didn't solve the problem. Instead the computer couldn't be woken up when in sleep/standby so I have to restart it by holding down power button. C-state is now enabled in BIOS again. Anyone that has experienced the same problem and have a solution?

I believe my colleagues are planing to do something evil unless I solve the problem

Thanks in advance.

/Anders

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DELL-Cares

Re: Precision 3530 chime when idle and external HDMI screen attached.

Hi, I see you’re looking for technical assistance. If you require our help, you could initiate a private/direct message with us, and we’d be glad to assist you.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos