Highlighted
Madron71
1 Copper

Precision 3540 Thunderbolt charge

Jump to solution

Hi everyone.

Can the Precision 3540 be charged through Thunderbolt port ?

Thanks in advance,

Massimiliano

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Precision 3540 Thunderbolt charge

Jump to solution

@Madron71 the system charges through the Thunderbolt port when connected to the WD19TB docking station. It comes with a barrel style ac adaptor for use without a docking station.

As long as you have a powerful enough ac adaptor, it should charge through the thunderbolt port when connected direct to the system. According to this thrid party non Dell website, they charged the system via the thunderbolt port using a 90w supplied adaptor - https://www.engineering.com/Hardware/ArticleID/19372/Performance-on-a-Budget-with-the-Dell-Precision...

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

@Madron71 the system charges through the Thunderbolt port when connected to the WD19TB docking station. It comes with a barrel style ac adaptor for use without a docking station.

As long as you have a powerful enough ac adaptor, it should charge through the thunderbolt port when connected direct to the system. According to this thrid party non Dell website, they charged the system via the thunderbolt port using a 90w supplied adaptor - https://www.engineering.com/Hardware/ArticleID/19372/Performance-on-a-Budget-with-the-Dell-Precision...

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Madron71
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Alan, I was disoriented because some model reports explicitly power delivery but not this one.

0 Kudos