Marco1979
2 Bronze

Precision 7520 Acrobat 3d rendering issues

Hi all, i have some of those machines and the last one purchased, installed with windows 10 and all the most updated drivers is driving me crazy.

We export 3d PDf files from Solid edge. Those files are being used by anyone in the company including old laptops (Latitude 7440, 7450 etc) with excellent performances ( i mean they can rotate, zoom disassemble etc very smoothly and instantly). But not that machine. really weird!

I tried an older PC with windows 10 (Precision M4700 ) and have no issues ( so its not w10)

i tried to remove acrobat reader latest version and reinstall many times . i followed guides found on acrobat forums with no luck. video card is Nvidia Quadro M2200 with 4GB GDDR5, but also opening ACrobat with integrated card makes the same issue, so its not the Nvidia drivers.

What else? Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DELL-Alasdair R

Re: Precision 7520 Acrobat 3d rendering issues

Hi Marco,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your 7520. 

Does the issue only happen with Acrobat 3D? What happens if you try putting the system under load with different applications?

Is there any different software installed on this system compared with your other systems?

Please try running the on-board diagnostics (hold down the Fn key whilst you power the system on) to try and rule out any hardware issues (I would recommend running it in the thorough test mode)

You could also try running benchmarking software to see if the performance is up to the standard it should be.

Let us know how you get on.

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Marco1979
2 Bronze

Re: Precision 7520 Acrobat 3d rendering issues

Yes the issue happens only with Acrobat reader, with other apps like Solidedge ST8 systems works fine.

Also Diagnostics are ok, performances are ok with the expectations, i wonder maybe some issue with Acrobat reader then? Infact looking on Adobe forums lot of users are experiencing the same - but all with the Nvidia graphic card or Intel integrated.

I will try updating video drivers with the ones directly from Nvidia Website to see if any change is noticeable.

Thanks for now.

0 Kudos