Highlighted
Raito00
1 Copper

Precision 7520 LCD panel flickering

After driver update from Dell Command Update my Precision 7520 LCD panel start flickering.

I have latest BIOS 1.15.1

How can i fix this problem?!

7 Replies

Re: Precision 7520 LCD panel flickering

@Raito00 can you advise exactly when this panel is flickering - is it constantly, or infrequently?

When you say flicker, does the full screen blank off and back on again, or is it a problem with the image on the screen the flickers?

Does this happen regardless of power source used?

Has this only happened since updating to BIOS 1.15.1?

If you roll back to the previous BIOS revision, does the flicker disappear?

I'll drop you a private message for some additional details.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Raito00
1 Copper

1. Image on the scree flickering

2. On Battery it does little less flickering

3. Yes, it happen when update to latest bios

4. I try roll back few bios versions  - still flickering ... 😞 

@Raito00 to determine if this issue is related to the motherboard or the lcd panel can you help me out with the following additional troubleshooting steps please

a) If you connect up an external monitor directly to the system - does the flickering also occur on the external monitor?

b) If you boot the system into the BIOS does the screen still flicker? (To access the BIOS power on the system and keep tapping the F2 key repeatedly in rapid succession)

c) What version of the graphics driver are you running on the system?

d) Have you tried uninstalling the graphics driver and reinstalling it after updating to the latest BIOS revision?

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
ScottLindner
1 Copper

I have the same problem with a 7250. This wasn't a problem until very recently and I have been using this laptop in the same environment for well over a year. I would say it started in the past couple of weeks, probably about the time the OP posted.

I just updated my BIOS from 1.9.x to 1.15.x and I still have the issue. I have it setup with a docking station and two additional monitors. The two additional monitors do not flicker and are configured identically to the laptop's display (1920x1080@60).

The flicker always happens no matter what and it is extremely bad. It isn't subtle at all. If I look at it for more than 2 seconds I want to vomit. I have tried changing display settings and refresh rate and nothing seems to change it. This flicker is reminiscent of seriously cheap CRT monitors in the early 90s that were the worst of the worst for flickering. It's like a strobe light it's that bad.

0 Kudos

@ScottLindner thanks for the contribution. As per my above response to the previous poster, it looks like it could be motherboard or lcd panel if it's a hardware problem, most likely the graphics driver if it's software related. Can you help me out with some troubleshooting details with please - 

a) We know the external monitors are not affected, does the lcd still flicker when it's not connected to the dock?

b) If you boot the system into the BIOS does the screen still flicker? (To access the BIOS power on the system and keep tapping the F2 key repeatedly in rapid succession)

c) What version of the graphics driver are you running on the system?

d) Have you tried uninstalling the graphics driver and reinstalling it after updating to the latest BIOS revision?

e) Does it matter whether you have the system connected to the ac adaptor or running on battery power only?

f) If you move the screen backwards and forwards, can you make the screen flicker?

g) For the flickering, does the full screen go black before returning to what was previously on the screen?

I'll drop you a private message for your service tag details.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
miro_gt
1 Copper

It is BIOS related, I've reported this already.

https://www.dell.com/community/Precision-Mobile-Workstations/Precision-7520-screen-flickering-issue-... 

Dell, please fix.

0 Kudos

@miro_gt thanks for your link and the extensive detail you have provided.

I'm going to drop you a private message to get your tag details if you wouldn't mind responding to it.

Thanks, Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos