Highlighted

Precision M4800 no POST after BIOS A25 install

Used the Dell Support Assist recommended driver updates automatic download and install which found 8 drivers including bios a25. After reboot, laptop will not POST.

Not using BitLocker. Have updated about 10 M4800's prior to this which updated to a24 bios.

Power button and volume led's flash every 3-5 seconds. Have disconnected battery and power.

Called Dell Support to bring attention to possible bios bug. Support will not help since pc is out of warranty. They only want to charge $ to fix the problem they caused.

Has anyone else upgraded to a25? Any issues?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Precision M4800 no POST after BIOS A25 install

Did you managed to solve your problem?

0 Kudos

No resolution. Laptop is bricked. I did use the Support Assistant to update another M4800 and the BIOS update was successful. No idea why this one bricked with the update. Talked to Dell Support and they said it would be a charge to look at it since the laptop is out of warranty. They are not responsible for any damage their BIOS updates cause, even if their Support Assistant recommends the update. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

null

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Great info. Thank for the post. All the M4800's I upgraded were fresh installs of 1809 with no third party apps.
I have also experienced the laptops having trouble recovering from sleep mode. Most of the time there will be a black screen but all LED's showing activity. I will try installing other graphics driver to see if this resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

null

0 Kudos