Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2022 07:00

WD19DCS Display issue

I have a Dell Precision 7760 with a WD19DCS dock running windows 10. I believe I have all the latest drivers and both Dell Command Update and SupportAssist agree. I would like to connect two ASUS VL249HE monitors running at 1920x1080 to the dock. This should be well within the specified limits. The monitors only have HDMI and VGA connections and the dock only has one HDMI port. For the second monitor I am using a Dell DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 4k adapter, model # DANAUBC087. When I connect the second display to the DisplayPort on the dock Windows Settings -> Display correctly reports the monitor and I can move my mouse into the extended display area; however, the monitor itself is completely dark. If I remove the adapter and connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back of the laptop it works as expected. I have also tried connecting a Dell P2317H monitor with an HDMI cable and adapter and seen the same no display issue. Finally I have also tried swapping out the WD19DCS dock for an old TB16 Thunderbolt dock in that case the HDMI cable with DisplayPort adapter works as expected. Given that I can drive the two monitors through the TB16 I strongly suspect a defect in the WD19DCS driver.

June 13th, 2022 08:00

After a lot of back and forth with Dell support they have taken the following position:
"if both your monitors only have HDMI, then you should consider getting one that has a DisplayPort."
"the dock is working as designed."

So it appears that Dell's official position is that the WD19 series docks can not drive two HDMI displays, very disappointing.

93 Posts

June 13th, 2022 09:00

Dell needs to respond to this and urgently work to stabilize these dock issues. 

For 8 months, I continue to experience multiple display problems and several other problems potentially pointing to WD19DCS issues. Some of this I have documented here in Dell Community in different postings, and a lot of detail is documented in active tickets thru ProSupport. These problems are not resolved in my case which occurred on one XPS17 laptop and two 7760s laptops, both on Windows-10 and Windows-11.  Also the WD19DCS docking station was replaced once, with no difference. Currently I am waiting on yet one more exchange of the 7760 and another WD19DCS. 

I and others have been hugely patient with these unresolved problems, but if this statement by Dell is official, this is a deal breaker for anyone using multiple monitors — and it is wholly unacceptable. Why would anyone buy a Dell laptop? 

Dell needs to respond to these docking station issues. 

1 Message

February 26th, 2024 10:38

I got the same problem and I can assure you that this solution with 2 different cables does not solve the problem. In fact I use 2 different cables one HDMI and one DP it seems that my precision 7680 is the problem since a different Laptop was functioning properly with the 2 monitors.  

No Events found!