1 Copper

Which systemboard for a Precision M3800 has a thunderbolt port not just a minidisplay port?

The system board on my precision M3800 died.  I purchased a so-called replacement, which turned out to be from an XPS9530.  The marking on the side of my laptop indicates my original system board did not have a thunderbolt port, just a mini display port.  (no lightning bolt, just a D with a dot in the middle)  I would like to replace the system board in my precision M3800 with a motherboard equipped with a thunderbolt port.  I have found 4 different system boards being offered:

PPPP8 , CRVX3, and NY4TF, all of which have 4 usb ports like my original system board.  Pictures of the these three boards show a manufacture date of 9-26-2013.  The forth system board V9191M has 3 usb ports and a manufacture date of 10-7-2014.  

What is the part number or other identifying mark which signifies the system board is for an M3800tbt i.e., with a thunderbolt controller?  Are there system boards having four usb ports and a thunderbolt port?

Your help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Which systemboard for a Precision M3800 has a thunderbolt port not just a minidisplay port?

The part number for the Thunderbolt motherboard is V919M. It also has a different base cover, part number 6KM9V.

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos