Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2015 12:00

1320c laser - won't print

Its been a great printer. But I replaced 3 toners and now - nothing. The green oblong on the image representing the paper tray is flashing,as is the on/off logo bottom left. And I can't find anything wrong Can anyone help ?

331 Posts

May 24th, 2015 11:00

Hi PhilK5,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Please reload the paper on the tray as it indicates by blinking green. Please refer the link with the button indicator http://dell.to/1LupefR.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

14 Posts

May 27th, 2015 14:00

Nope, no difference. Already tried that anyways. Took half the paper out too in case I'd put too many in the paper tray. Nothing.

14 Posts

May 28th, 2015 02:00

Perhaps I didn't sum up accurately enough. Theres too small green "bars" and the bottom one ISN'T flashing, but the one above IS - along with the power button

14 Posts

May 28th, 2015 02:00

That should be "two" bars not "too"

331 Posts

May 28th, 2015 08:00

Hi PhilK5,

Please try resetting the printer back to factory defaults

 Ensure the printer is turned off.

 Open the toner access door.

 Press the Continue and Cancel buttons at the same time while turning on the printer.

 Continue to hold the buttons until all the indicators flash off and then back on, and then release the buttons.

 Close the side cover.

During and after initialization, the printer does the following:

 Initialize the nonvolatile memory (NVM)

 Restart the printer

 Prints the Printer Settings and Device Settings pages

Note: Any user assigned settings are lost

14 Posts

May 30th, 2015 03:00

Thought that dd it when paper came through for the first time in weeks (so nothing wrong with the paper delivery then) but when I went to prnt something, same thing. NOTHING and the upper green "bar" indicator flashing

14 Posts

May 30th, 2015 04:00

I select print, and the green power button comes on. Then it begins to make the sound it makes just before sending the paper into system to print on, (which it didn't before this fix which didn't quite work) then that green flashing bar again and it stops. No print

331 Posts

May 30th, 2015 06:00

Hi PhilK5,

Please uninstall the printer driver and then download using this link http://dell.to/1GLIwhA and install the driver.

14 Posts

May 30th, 2015 07:00

Thanks for your help. Dell-I.R. which is the printer driver ? Can't seem to see one.

331 Posts

May 30th, 2015 08:00

Hi PhilK5,

You're welcome :) Once you open the product support page, select drivers and downloads > select the Operating system under View all available updates for your product model > Select printers drop down and you can download the file.

14 Posts

June 2nd, 2015 03:00

Doesn't seem to have made any difference, sadly.

Still not printing.Yet the paper delivery IS working.

How do I RESET the printer ?

331 Posts

June 3rd, 2015 11:00

Hi PhilK5,

Please follow these steps to reset the printer

•  Ensure the printer is turned off.
  •  Open the toner access door.
  •  Press the Continue and Cancel buttons at the same time while turning on the printer.
  •  Continue to hold the buttons until all the indicators flash off and then back on, and then release the buttons.
  •  Close the side cover.

During and after initialization, the printer does the following:

•  Initialize the nonvolatile memory (NVM)
  •  Restart the printer
  •  Prints the Printer Settings and Device Settings pages

Note: Any user assigned settings are lost

14 Posts

June 4th, 2015 02:00

Thanks.

Reset fine, printed test page.

Tried to do a print of anything as a test, same problem

Still refuses to print, same blinking green on the tray above the steady green below

331 Posts

June 5th, 2015 05:00

Hi PhilK5,

I have sent you a friend request. Accept the same, then click on my name and you can send a private conversation. Please provide us with the service tag of the printer through a private conversation.

14 Posts

June 6th, 2015 11:00

Er....where do I find the service tag ?

No Events found!