Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2007 18:00

1320c photo paper and settings/ Is this a difficult ?

I recently purchased a 1320c and bought some hp laser photo paper (glossy) i noticed that there are no paper selections for glossy and the manual doesn't say anything either. when i researched this printer it had great reviews for laser photo printing at the highest setting. Problem is what are the highest settings ? and what paper selection should i make ? Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by proudtrucker on 11-28-2007 05:37 PM

10 Posts

January 17th, 2008 11:00

Did you ever figure this out,? I just purchased a 1320c and I am also trying to print some photos with it. I tried some of the HP Glossy Photo Laser paper and picked "Thick, Coated" from the print menu. The result has potential, but I've got some spots where the toner pulled off the page. Thanks.

January 17th, 2008 13:00

Well sounds like we are both in the same situation, maybe now someone in this forum might have an idea and reply, as you can see that doesn't happen very quick here you are the 1st reply since i posted this.

January 18th, 2008 23:00

Thanks, I have been using the Hp photo paper with those settings recently i have feed the paper through the tray it seems to work well without the bubbling effect. And yes using the SSF is a royal pain. I have not tried any other paper but will try the staples it would have been much cheaper and i have a feeling would yeild the same results. I have also set the image adjustment to photo under the graphics tab but have not played with the image correction setting yet. Will keep yah updated on any other experiments with settings that i will probably do sometime in the next week.

10 Posts

January 18th, 2008 23:00

Okay, the problem seems to have been that the HP paper was too thick. I tried some Staples Color Laser Photo Supreme Glossy, which is 52 lb / 200 g/m2. I've printed 15 or so full page photos and have not had a problem. The settings I use in the 1320c Printing Preferences dialog are Favorites = Print Fine Photo (Print Setup tab), Paper Source = SSF (Paper Tray tab), and SSF Paper Type = Coated Thick (164-216g/m2) (Paper tray tab). If the application you are using does not allow you to access the Printing Preferences to set all this, you can go to Printers and Faxes, right click on your 1320c printer, and set everything there. You might need to go back and set everthing back afterwards so you can print on regular paper. Thicker paper (like photo paper) can't be feed from the paper tray, you have to use the SSF (Single Sheet Feeder). It's a little tricky to get the paper to feed straight so that your resulting photo is not askew. Sometimes I have to print more than one to get a reasonably straight one. If you use the the Staples Photo paper, note that the printing side (glossy side) is only on one side. With the SSF, you feed the printing side face-down, so feed the Staples Photo paper glossy side down. The printer is rated to print up to 216 g/m2. I thought it would be able to do the 220 g/m2 (58 lb) HP Photo paper, but I guess not. Hope this helps - Jon
No Events found!