Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2008 19:00

1600n poor print quality

Hello all, I've been searching the archives and can't seem to find my solution. I have a 1600n (3 of them actually) and this is the first 1 to ever give me grief.The problem is that the print quality is all smudged and difficult to read at times.I have always used the 5000 page Dell toners.I have other dell printers(3100 & 3115) and the fix on those is to install a new imaging drum.....I do not see one available on this website for this printer.Anyone else having this problem and can it be fixed?

111 Posts

July 14th, 2008 13:00

Have you tried swapping the toner from one of the other 1600n's that you have? The imaging drum is part of the toner assembly so see if that helps. If that toner is defective and still under warrranty, I'd give Dell support a call for a replacement.

Shogun33

2 Posts

July 14th, 2008 15:00

Thanks, I will try that and get back to you.........

February 25th, 2013 19:00

Having the same issue; replacing the toner with a new one didn't help; trying different paper types didn't either. Anyone has a solution?

(The main purpose for the printer is shipping labels: the printed barcodes are unreadable as the lines merge. The printer is useless at the moment.)

No Events found!