Highlighted
jmondy
1 Copper

1710N Printer

Jump to solution

After returning from vacation, our 1710N printer does not work.  ALL of the lights are flashing and the user's guide says contact support.  Naturally our warranty has expired (just like the printer).  It is getting power, but will not print the setting page.  It just sits there and blinks at me.  I noticed we had had a power outage while we were gone.  Any ideas????  Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

Re: 1710N Printer

Jump to solution

OOhhh.... power outages are never good for electronics. If the power shut off "cleanly", then restored, "cleanly", it wouldn't be much of a problem, kinda like flipping the switch off then on. But typically, during a power failure, it never does that.

All lights flashing? Including the continue light? Press the continue button twice, quickly, to see if the machine will display a secondary error code.

I'd suspect the system board got fried. But it won't hurt to try a hard reset. Try this:
1. Power OFF the printer and UN-plug data cable(s).
2. Open the toner access cover.
3. Depress and hold both the Continue and Cancel buttons.
4. With the cover open and both buttons depressed, power ON the unit.
5. Continue to hold the buttons down until the Error light is the only one active.  (you will see the lights cycle several times before this occurs)
6. Close the cover...... Done

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
  • all dell shop
  • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: 1710N Printer

Jump to solution

OOhhh.... power outages are never good for electronics. If the power shut off "cleanly", then restored, "cleanly", it wouldn't be much of a problem, kinda like flipping the switch off then on. But typically, during a power failure, it never does that.

All lights flashing? Including the continue light? Press the continue button twice, quickly, to see if the machine will display a secondary error code.

I'd suspect the system board got fried. But it won't hurt to try a hard reset. Try this:
1. Power OFF the printer and UN-plug data cable(s).
2. Open the toner access cover.
3. Depress and hold both the Continue and Cancel buttons.
4. With the cover open and both buttons depressed, power ON the unit.
5. Continue to hold the buttons down until the Error light is the only one active.  (you will see the lights cycle several times before this occurs)
6. Close the cover...... Done

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
  • all dell shop
  • internet connected via WildBlue satellite