Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

November 22nd, 2022 15:00

2155CDN toner cartridge slide problem

I know this doesn't belong here. I saw no boards specifically for Dell printers, which seems rather bizarre to me. I'm posting here since this seems to be the most closely related topic, or at least the one most likely to attract technicians knowledgeable about such equipment I have had a Dell 2155CDN workgroup printer since it was new, many, many moons ago. It has worked, and continues to work reliably, in both scanning and in printing modes. It originally was the main printer for a small office in which I worked, and when that office closed, and I began to work from my home, I took it with me. When I retired 7 years ago, I was permitted to keep it. This morning, it developed a problem. I ran out of black toner. When I tried to remove the empty cartridge, it was jammed fast in the slide. In fact it was stuck so badly that the lock tab broke off. I finally managed to pry it out, but the slide mechanism (I don't know the official name of the part that holds the cartridge in place, and pivots to allow changing cartridges) broke at whatever it uses for a pivot hinge. I have managed to put a new toner in the slide, and force the slide back into place, so that the printer recognizes the cartridge and prints, but it is obviously broken, and that workaround will probably not work a second time (I had to turn the printer on its side so that the catridge array faced up to force it in). The unit has been much more printer than I have needed for years, and I have ordered a smaller replacement, but I would like to repair it and donate it to some charitable organization, if possible. Dell no longer lists any replacement parts for printers from this series. Can someone recommend an alternative source where I might buy the slide, and any other parts needed to allow it to pivot correctly? It would also be helpful if someone could point me to a (hopefully simple) procediure for such a task. Thank you very much for any help or advice you might provide.

No Responses!
No Events found!