Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 18th, 2011 15:00

2335dn Not Powering On and Making Clicking Noise

I have a 2335dn printer that will not power on and is making a clicking noise near the top by the document feeder.  FYI the scanner lock is not locked either.  The front display does not turn on nor does the printer start warming up.  It just makes a constant clicking noise.  I am not sure if there is an internal power supply or if it just shot.  Is there possibly a loose connection where the power cable connects the document feeder to the bottom portion???  Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Chris

December 19th, 2011 19:00

Ok, so I opened up the printer and found a bad capacitor on the power supply.  After replacing the capacitor everything started up perfectly.

3 Posts

September 8th, 2012 15:00

I think my printer is doing the same thing. Can you tell me how you determined which capacitor was bad? Is this something that you can tell by looking at it? Also, where did you get a replacement capacitor? Thanks

1 Message

November 22nd, 2013 17:00

I am having the same problem. I pulled out the power supply and it looks like there are two bad capacitors; one leaking and one bulging.

I want to replace the whole board. How do I order one from Dell?

1 Message

October 30th, 2018 06:00

Was this capacitor on the high or low voltage power supply. I removed the low voltage one (right inside where the power cord plugs in) and dont see any blown capacitors.

2 Posts

March 26th, 2019 15:00

how do you get the power supply out?

2 Posts

March 26th, 2019 16:00

finally got the power supply out where do you buy the capacitor it is a

CD293 200v680uF

No Events found!