Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2009 09:00

3010 Color Laser Printer

I have a 3010cn color laser that keeps giving me the error message 077-300 close front or top door.  All the doors are closed, but it still give me the error messages.    I keep restarting the printer and checking all the doors, but still the same message keeps appearing.  Does anybody know what I can do to get rid of the error message.  I have had the printer for 3 years, but hardly used it.  The last time I use it was Dec. 2008.  It is set up with my computer and other printers for the most part.  Please I need answers ASAP!  Thanks for any help or suggestions.

1.7K Posts

April 6th, 2009 06:00

There are two switches connected together that monitor the cover status on this printer.

One switch is at the front, top-right corner of the printer. It is operated by a mechanical link attached to the mid-top cover and the front cover. The mid-top cover must be closed first, then the front cover closed next to operate the link and actuate the switch.

The other switch is located in the top, left-rear of the printer. It is operated by opening and closing the rear-top cover.... the cover that spans the rear of the printer and covers the fuser. There is a plastic tab that hangs down from the left-inside-top of this cover. When the cover is closed, it actuates the switch.

Do you know how to access Diagnoses mode in the printer? We can test these switches using Digital Input test "DI-e"

No Events found!