amforem
1 Copper

3110 cleaning

Can someone point me to where the proper procedures are to clean a 3110 laser printer? I have a printer that looks like the cyan cartridge threw up and coated the inside of the printer with color.  I need to clean up the mess and want to do it properly but since the idiot that wrote the manual did not deem that was necessary, I do not know what I should do.

I guess I will have to find the procedures for a HP printer and hope that works.  At least HP does have some manuals written by personnel who knew their products.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
D-Man13
1 Copper

Re: 3110 cleaning

Have a similar situation although to a lesser degree with the black toner in my 3110cn - it is constantly leaking toner out.  Support suggested that I use conpressed air to blow it all out.  Not keen on toner all over my home office.  Going to try compessed air and a high powered shop-vac.

0 Kudos
janhall_us
1 Copper

Re: 3110 cleaning

Support suggested you use compressed air and *blow* it out???  I hope they told you to wear a mask as toner is hazardous material in your lungs.  You should also never use a regular vacuum, only a toner vacuum for the same reason...you don't want the vacuum's exhaust throwing it into the air and a toner vacuum has a Hepa filter in it.  I know this is an old post but hopefully it will help someone else who's in the same spot.  I read the post because my 3100CN also leaks all colors of toner all over the place.

0 Kudos