Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 29th, 2012 19:00

313 prints Unwanted Grayblocks on all documents

i have been through the entire troubleshooting process.  i have replaced ink cartridges, including the black one.  i have uninstalled and re-installed drivers and updated firmware.  i have done all alignment/printhead cleaning options.  the problem persists.

With the holidays fast approaching, i need to know if i need to buy another printer asap.  Help please!

1 Message

December 4th, 2012 16:00

I had the same issue with a P713W a year ago and somehow [can't remember how] got a Dell rep to fix it after numerous iterations. I just replaced my cartridges moments ago and the same issue has reappeared. This apparently is a 'feature' of Dell printers. I'm going back to Canon.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 30th, 2012 03:00

Helping the Rents,

Some members have had success with...

Disconnect the printer,

Uninstall the printer,

Restart your computer.

Reinstall the printer

Rick

November 30th, 2012 14:00

Thanks Rick,

I tried this and the problem persists.  All evidence seems to support the premise that this is a defective model.  The cost of a printhead (which Dell won't make or sell) is comparable to the price of a new printer from any of Dell's competitors.

I will certainly consider that when purchasing my next printer.

December 7th, 2012 14:00

Thanks ski2012.  I decided to go with a new printer.  I got  a Canon MG5300 for $89.99, which came with a full set of ink cartridges (worth $70).  So, essentially, I got a brand new printer/scanner for $20.  Sold!!!!!!!   :)

No Events found!