Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2015 18:00

3130cn error "remove tape"

Awhile ago my dell 3130cn printer started displaying the error message to remove tape for all four of the color cartridges (including black).  After troubleshooting, updating the driver, and trying several other things, I replaced the black cartridge (the cheapest of the four).  The error message to remove the tape for the K cartridge disappeared leaving the messages for the other three cartridges still on the display.  So I went ahead and ordered the other three color cartridges.  I just replaced them and restarted the printer.  Now the display is back to showing all four error messages.  Obviously I removed all of the tapes when I installed all four cartridges and am at a loss of what to do now.  I've already spent close to $500 on cartridges I really didn't need (the four I had weren't empty yet) and now have a very expensive, heavy paper weight.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks in advance!  Angela

March 12th, 2015 12:00

Yes, sadly I've tried everything several times.  When nothing changed, I bought the black cartridge and thought I was making progress when that error message disappeared.  But now that I've bought the rest of the colors, nothing has changed except the error message for black is back.  I'm at a loss for what to try next.  I just spent a lot of money on four new cartridges (even though the old ones were not empty) and the machine itself is pretty expensive and not easily replaced...so I'm very frustrated!  Thanks for you response - Angela 

9.4K Posts

March 12th, 2015 12:00

Hi Angelanefret,

Thank you for posting! 

Have you read this article?  There are some helpful solutions in that article.

Regards,
Robert

1 Message

January 23rd, 2016 20:00

Hi Angela,

Were you ever able to solve your error problem?  I am now having the same problem.  I have replaced the cartridge and am still getting the error.

Thanks,

Sandy

No Events found!