Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2012 10:00

3330dn will not print Excel spreadsheets correctly

My client has Windows 7 32-bit with Office 2010 connected via USB to 3330dn printer. When printer settings are set to 'shrink to fit' or 'fit to page', spreadsheets are broken into 1 page per cell; it works fine on other printers.  Have upgraded firmware in printer, downloaded newest driver, tried many different settings and had no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Posts

February 15th, 2012 09:00

I finally got this resolved by using the Dell Open Driver.  The original Dell driver doesn't have the scaling options needed to print 'fit to page' correctly.  It might even resolve the slow printing problem.

2 Posts

February 15th, 2012 09:00

We are having exact same issue on both Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit machines, and related issues on window XP machines.  Excel prints fine to our other Minolta and Cannon printers...it's just this 3330dn printer with the issue.  i can tell that the issue is with the printer drivers as just selecting the printer (without actually printing) results in the 1 page per cell issue when viewing page in page-break view.  It will not allow you to adjust the page-breaks.  I can find no solotion to this issue anywhere on the web.

This issue as made the printer basically worthless to us because printing excel sheets was to be primary use of printer (to save ink on our other color printers).  It's also extremely slow when trying to print graphics.  Printing out an image that is only 20k and takes up less than single page can take 3-4 minutes, when it doesn't lockup the printer requiring us to reboot...and we have memory on our 3330dn maxed out.  When the printer works, it works great...but staff runs into issues too frequently...they spend way to much time now dealing with printer issue.

2 Posts

February 15th, 2012 10:00

Thanks Inteller!  I downloaded the Dell Open Driver (Version A031.30.4435.0)...it installed easily, and I could immediately see a difference in Excel print preview.  Looks like it did fix the issue with slow graphic printing as well.

Great thing about this universal printer driver, same driver works on all our windows machines (win server, win xp, win 7 32bit, win 76bit).  

For those not sure where to find this Dell Open Driver, I found at:  www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

More info about that driver found at: content.dell.com/.../client-systems-printer-opd

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction Inteller…you rock!

No Events found!