Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 23rd, 2007 21:00

5100cn Color Problem

The non-profit I work for has a Dell 5100cn Printer which has been acting up recently, to our puzzlement.  When a page is printed the content is printed on the paper however the page is covered with a random color (red, blue or a mix of these two) all across the page over the content.  (You can still see the content through this overlaid color.)    It is as though extra toner is constantly being printed onto the pages.  My guess is that one of the parts needs replacement but the manual doesn't have a solution to the problem.  The printer doesn't display any error messages.  Could it be the toner is bad?  Any thoughts on what the problem / solution would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Posts

June 18th, 2009 08:00

We are experiencing the same issue. Dell 5100cn prints one color all over the printed page, almost like it's leaking a certain color, or producing too much ink on the page. If you print 10 pages, on the 3rd one on it starts printing magenta all over the page.  I'm not sure if this is the drum kit or a bad magenta, or what.  Any Suggestions?

1 Message

August 12th, 2009 00:00

i am a tech/Eng working on these printers, and i have 2 in the shop for the same problem. 

if you open the front door, then close it, the printer will do a cleaning cycle, do this a number of times.

i bet the first print out will look OK, but it then goes back to bleeding colors all over the place.

and i am trying to find the cause of this problem.

No Events found!