Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

February 11th, 2015 06:00

715w on Windows 8.1

Hello Forum

The scan utility from my dell 715w usb Printer on windows 8.1 works not

i can not scan but if i scan with right mouse click on printer and choose start scan this works

how can i scan with scan utility from dell ?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 11th, 2015 14:00

remus25,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at...

Dell V715w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any, then Windows Defender is the default. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

No Events found!