Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2007 17:00

922 AIO printer - Vista 32 bit Driver Communication error - RESOLVED!

Communication error:

Chaulk me up as another person who waited patiently for almost two months for the Vista drivers.

After installing the Vista driver, my Dell AIO 922 printer could copy and scan (the image file was successfully created and saved on my desktop), but I was not able to print anything.  I was seeing a notice that the printer wasn't communicating.

I uninstalled and re-installed several times.   Disabled my firewall, antivirus software, and anti-spyware software and re-installed.  Checked/replaced the cable.

I contacted tech support and since my Dell laptop and printer have gone past the warrenty period, I was required to submit payment information for pay-for-service.  I spoke with the Dell tech support located in India and the gentleman took remote control of my desktop and still wasn't able to fix the issue.  I got an email from him a couple days later that he was taking charge of my issue.  That has been over two weeks ago and no further response to my email inquiries.

I have quickly scanned this forum and still haven't seen any posts about successful resolution of the Dell printers & Vista operating system issues.

okay, can someone direct me to a post with the answer to this problem....I may need to by an HP printer.

former Dell Investor ..... now stressing the FORMER

Message Edited by Soon2buyHP on 04-17-2007 12:48 AM

November 18th, 2008 19:00

I did a clean install of Vista 32-bit on a Dell 8400.  Dell AIO 922 is printing just fine, but I can't get it to scan.  Does the above fix address my issue too?  That is, is your 922 printing AND scanning?

Thanks.

glen

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 18th, 2008 21:00

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

November 20th, 2008 09:00

Thanks for the clear and spot-on instructions.  The All-in-One Center is now installed and I'm having no problem scanning.

But now I find that I have two additional problems:

1.  I've discovered (to my surprise) that Vista Home Premium doesn't include any fax application (which seems strange given that XP did).  Any suggestions as to an alternative fax application to use with my OS and Dell 922AIO?

2.  I've installed PDF Creator as an alternative to Adobe but the AIO Center doesn't recognize it as a potential scanning application (Paint is the default.)  Any suggestions for how to save scanned docs to PDFs?

Thanks again for you help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 20th, 2008 15:00

Try downloading this application, I was told this is the fax program.

Let me know.

Rick

No Events found!