Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2013 04:00

922 All in One Colour Printer

I keep getting an error message saying that the black cartridge is missing.  I have not recently changed the cartridge, but is over 75% full.

The error message has only just appeared for no reason.

I have tried cleaning the connections, taking out all cables and restarting, and re checking inks are in correctly, but the error is still there.

Can anybody help please.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 06:00

Remove the black cartridge and reinstall it again. See if that corrects it. Cartridges do fail occasionally or can dry up or clog from not being used regularly.  Try using the printer's Maintenance utility to clean everything. Consider buying a  new printer. Printers are cheap and don't last forever --ink is the expensive component. That would be better than buying new ink for an old printer that might not solve the problem.

Check out the Peripherals forum for more help. There is a printer forum that might have another solution.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 15:00

Cherry88,

Are you using Dell Series 5 ink cartridges?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the powerbrick for 60 seconds. This will reset any error message the printer is getting. Plug everything back in and power the printer on.

Open the printer with the power on and remove the Dell Series 5 black ink cartridge and make sure the tape is off the cartridge, then reseat the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge. Now when you close the printer, it should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them and cannot be refilled. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

They can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's website.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)               Color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)              Color cartridge = color side(right side)

It is also possible to get a new ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it to the place of purchase for a replacement one.

Rick

No Events found!