Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

January 7th, 2007 17:00

922 All in One Printer - not feeding paper. Any suggestions?

Our 922 All in One printer having problems grabbing and feeding paper.  The roller feeder has trouble grabbing the paper (paper is too slick or roller needs adjusting.  The paper is regular, multi-purpose paper from Boise Cascade.  Do we need different paper or a fix to the roller that feeds the paper?  Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

1 Message

January 14th, 2007 16:00

I have the same problem.  DId you ever find a solution to this problem.  ITs so frustrating.  I don't want to get a new one and my warranty is up.  HELP

1 Message

January 24th, 2007 00:00

I too am having problems with the paper feed on my 922.  It keeps saying there is a paper jam when there is not.  Can anyone help????????????

2 Posts

January 15th, 2009 10:00

I have this same problem.  The only solution I have been able to effect is to remove the scanner lid and back cover, then clean all of the rubber rollers with alcohol and swabs.  It will then work well for a time.  This will work, but I am sure it is not approved by Dell, and will void your warranty, so only do it if you can afford to lose that perception of "coverage".

When removing the scanner lid, be very careful with the flat connector cables.  They can be carefully slipped out of the connectors on the circuit boards, and it is easier of you can slid the lock bars forward to release them.   When putting it back together,make sure you get these into the circuit board connectors and then slid the lock bars back into place.  There is at least one that is a real pain to get to.

I seem to need to perform this fairly regularly - every couple of months now.  I have  found that it is not effective to try to clean the visible rollers without taking the unit apart - unfortunately.  IMHO, this is a poor engineering design.  This is a foreseeable PM need, but there is no easy way to accomplish it.  Even though the overall print/scan quality of this AIO printer is good, I will not be purchasing another Dell printer (once I am finally fed up with messing with this one) - unless I am convinced that this cleaning issue is handled better in a newer model. 

25 Posts

June 27th, 2012 10:00

How do I remove the scanner lid and back cover? Are there any instructions on line somewhere?

21 Posts

June 27th, 2012 14:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community,

Ensure the paper tray is not overfilled

Adjust the printer paper guides

Locate and Remove any obstructions inside the printer

Verify the print Media Installed is compatible with the printer, you can try different media also

disconnec the power cable of the printer and reconnect the cable

If all these steps do not work then replace the Dell printer

Alok Kar

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

2 Posts

June 28th, 2012 07:00

I seem to remember not having specific instructions, just carefully working through it by feel.  This printer was a slight modification of another printer that was branded under a different name.  Sorry, but I don't remember the model - it may have been a Lexmark though.  You might research what that was and see if  there are instructions for that brand,  I would kind of doubt it though, since it is not really intended to be consumer level maintenance. 

I no longer have that printer, and the advice in the other reply ("replace the Dell printer") has worked pretty well for me.  I deliberately choose a printer that had locally available cartridges at a "reasonable" price.  Good luck!

1 Message

September 2nd, 2012 07:00

To fix a printer that won't feed, buy a small bottle of Rubber Cement. Not the "one coat" type, just regular rubber cement. Also buy a long handle 1/4 inch pait brush. Coat the feed roller with a thin coat rubber cement, turn the roller to cover it all around. then allow the rubber cement to dry. When dry. it is non-sticky and it is just like having a brand new roller. If it eventually stops feeding again, repeat this procedure.

DISCLAIMER:

THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY DELL OR LEXMARK, THE MANUFACTURER OF THE PRINTER.

iF YOU USE THIS PROCEDURE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

THIS IS LOCKED

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2012 10:00

DISCLAIMER:

THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY DELL OR LEXMARK, THE MANUFACTURER OF THE PRINTER.

iF YOU USE THIS PROCEDURE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

THIS IS LOCKED

No Events found!