Highlighted
dlennonwood
1 Copper

922 printer cannot communicate with new Inspiron 530

I got above error when I connected my 922 all-in-one to the new hard drive.  I have attempted to follow previous threads (removed the printer, ran patch R166239 and installed 64 bit driver).  Only problem is, it never prompts me to connect the printer.  Instead, it takes me to the list of files associated with the driver and I have no idea what to do next.  I went ahead and plugged the printer in thinking maybe there would be no prompt but then it starts trying to download the software and asks me to insert a disk.  About ready to throw one or the other out the window!  Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7- Thorium

Re: 922 printer cannot communicate with new Inspiron 530

dlennonwood,

Disconnect the printer. Right click on the patch. left click run as administrator and let it run until it prompts you to restart your computer. Restart your computer. Double click on the 64-bit drivers. If you see the files associated with the printer, look for setup.exe, right click on it, then left click run as administrator. It should then install the printer. Follow the instructions.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos