Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2008 00:00

942 AIO not reading SD Card

I have a 942 AIO printer and have no problem with it reading a CF card and I also copy pic files from my computer to the CF card.  Here's my problem;  my son gave me a Kodak Digital Frame for Mother's Day and since it will hold either CF card or SD card, I got the bright idea to purchase a Kodak 2GB SD card from Dell that I could place in the SD slot on my printer and copy my photos to the card from my computer.  Then I would not only have the photos in folders all on one card for my digital frame, but would also have another backup of my photos.

The SD card fits perfectly into the slot, and the green light comes on and then I get this nice little message on my printer that says "There is a problem reading the memory card.  Ensure that it is not damaged and is inserted correctly."

Can someone tell me if this could be a faulty card, a problem with my printer slot, or something that would not work to begin with?  I have an older model Sandisk reader but soon found that my SD card wouldn't fit in the SD slot.  My computer is a Dimension 4700 with 1GB of RAM, Pentium 4CPU 3.00 GHZ, and lots of hard drive space.

Thanks for any help.

Linda

22 Posts

June 25th, 2008 02:00

My question above is my 7th post in 4 years and the first time I've not received some really helpful advice!  Did I post it in the wrong category or was it just a silly question??  Well anyway, I have found it might just be a faulty memory card as will not work in my son's all in one printer, nor in his digital camera and he gets the same message as I did on my printer.  I have contacted Dell about replacing card and waiting for their reply, so hopefully this will work yet with a working SD card.

Linda

111 Posts

June 30th, 2008 14:00

Hello,

I believe that your printer as with other printers manufactured during that time were limited as far as reading only up to 1gb SD/CF cards. If you have a 512k and/or 1gb SD/CF card, try those and I'm sure they will work. Back when these printers came out, the higher capacity cards were not as common, very expensive and were just coming out....

Hope this sheds some light for you....

Shogun33

No Events found!