Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 5th, 2009 23:00

946 Printer - Installation disc

I own an Inspiron 1525. I purchased an 946 Printer (1 1/2 yrs ag0) and lost the installation disc. I have been unable to download the driver from the Dell support site. Is there a way to have another 946 Printer installation disc sent to me. thanks for any assistance or suggestions. david.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 6th, 2009 00:00

djcwilli,

Your Dell 1525, is that 32-bit or 64-bit? They might provide the disks if you're the origional owner and live in the United States, just click below my signature and request a set, no guarentees.

I have a procedure to use to re-install the drivers on a Vista machine, which is what I believe you have, unless you changed Operating systems. I'm trying to stall time until Monday and hope Dell fixes the drivers and download page so I can help you install your printer.

Rick

14.4K Posts

July 6th, 2009 15:00

Did you specify the printer or the computer disks? I am afraid that unless you specifically requested the printer disk that all you will get are the disks for the computer which will not include anything for the printer.

What specific issue are you having in getting the drive from the Dell site?

FYI i am in Caln small world

3 Posts

July 6th, 2009 15:00

Rick,

Thanks for your quick response. My Dell 1525 Inspiron is 32bit. I am from the US. In fact I grew up in Coatesville, Pa. Not far from Lancaster, Pa. I requested the discs from Dell support using the link you supplied.

thanks again. :emotion-1:

david jc williams.

3 Posts

July 6th, 2009 16:00

Rick,

i did request the 946 printer instal discs.   Go Sixers, Eagles, Phillies, Flyers,and Cavs...sorry...Delaware Valley,  that is what 20years in Cleveland does.

thanks again.

david jc williams

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 6th, 2009 16:00

David,

Follow these instructions below and then tell me what happens.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista computers) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

XP & Vista 64-bit Drivers.

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on).

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Also try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Dave,

I heard of that town. I'm in Lancaster near Manor Shopping Center/Kunzler's Largest Hot Dog Manufacturer, but for only two more weeks. I am moving and will be away for a short period while I move. I will also have to move again to my new home three months later.

Rick

1 Message

May 21st, 2016 16:00

I need a link to download the 946 Printer installation disc, please.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 22nd, 2016 12:00

orkie,

Try this procedure and see if the printer installs.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode you’ll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

Dell 946 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

No Events found!