Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

EP

October 17th, 2009 00:00

962 - misc errors, AIO Center (errors after windows update drivers installed. then uninstalled, original Dell updates reinstalled....)

I made the mistake of letting windows update install Dell 962 printer driver updates. The printer stopped working as soon as the updates installed. I then attempted to completely uninstall all 962 printer devices/software. several reboots. more errors. then attempted to reinstall from the original Dell printer CDs (dated 2004/2005) . more errors. ran the "driver update" from support.dell.com for the 962 (edit: "R92834.EXE" ). rebooted. more errors.

Is there a comprehensive list of files/registry entries that need to be manualy deleted to do a "clean" uninstall?

!TIA!

========================================

Example Error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 962\dlbxaiox.exE

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK  

165 Posts

October 17th, 2009 00:00

Optiplex 755, Windows XP Pro SP3.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 17th, 2009 01:00

e.pierce,

I have seen so many devices fail because of people using Windows Updates to install drivers. Microsoft either offers the wrong drivers and/or the drivers install wrong causing many devices to fail. You can try a system restore point first and see if it comes back. If not, then try the instructions below.

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. 

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch, a MUST on Vista machines, until you're prompted to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer. ***To install drivers, sometimes they just open and do nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!