Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 28th, 2008 14:00

964 All In One Center does not install

I am trying to install my AIO 964 on my Inspiron laptop that is using Vista 32 bit. The printer installs and prints bu the All In One Center and the fax printer will not install. I have downloaded the Vista driver and firmware update. Any suggestions on what to do next?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2008 15:00

BAL375,

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. (This patch is like a cleaner and works on XP and Vista systems)

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Please remember to install the latest firmware for the 964 printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

The fax program is NOT in the drivers package. If you have the disk, put the printer disk in the computer, then click cancel, when it starts. Go to my computer and right click on the drive with the disk and then left clisk explore. Look for the fax folder and in the folder, you'll see the setup.exe for the fax program.

Rick

2 Posts

December 28th, 2008 18:00

Thanks for your help. Part of my problem is resolved. I now have the All-In-the One center, but still can not install fax. The fax folder on the printer disk has a setup file and also a folder labeled MS Fax which also has a set up file. The set up does nothing and the MS fax says can not find MS fax files. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brenda

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2008 19:00

BAL375,

I can really find the program but I have been told it was on the printers disk. I went throught this a while back and cannot remember the answer and our Liason is on vacation until January 5th.

Your choices are...

Try reading this article and see if it helps you or not. How to Use the Dell All-In-One Printer to Send a Fax

or

You can make a new post asking for the fax program, after January 5th and hopefully he'll see this and give the instructions for this.

Rick

1 Message

August 18th, 2009 06:00

Hello

I'm replying to this old post to see if you can help with the same problem.  I have repeatedly carried out the instructions but get an error message that says the drivers have not been installed correctly (I'm running Vista 32).  The result is that although the printer works the scanner does not; all in one software is not installed and the AOI cannot therefore scan ... Please advise

thank you

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 18th, 2009 09:00

alpinespace,

I think you should make a new thread Dell Printers Forum.

Please include the make and model of your computer(s) and Operating system(s) 32-bit or 64-bit.

Also include the make and model of your printer and how you're trying to connect the printer to your computer, USB cable, wireless print server or with the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300

Thanks,

Rick

2 Posts

February 10th, 2010 13:00

Rick

I too need the All In One software for my 962 Printer but my problem is a little different.

I have the original disks but when I try to install the printer, I get a message that there is not enough room on the drive to which it is trying to send the files.

when I download your patch I get the same problem.

Here's the problem I have recently had to install a new hard drive.  It is named H:/ and not C:/

How do I get the patch or the intall CD to recognize my hard drive as H:/  ?

2 Posts

February 10th, 2010 14:00

Hi Rick

Hey - guess what?  I found a way to do it:

I uninstalled the printer from the CD

Then I installed the drivers with the link you provided.  I was prompted then to enter the place for the drivers and had the opportunity to change the drive letter.

Then, when they had loaded the CD started up and, between the driver files and the CD everything loaded and I was prompted to reconnect the printer...

Voila!  All in One now fully functioning!

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 11th, 2010 01:00

karl12,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

I'm sorry for the delay, two snowstorms and working kept me a little busy.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

September 25th, 2010 20:00

Thank you very much for this info.  It was very successful after I used the clean up patch then installed the Window 7 Vista 64 bit drivers. I have been working on this problems for many hours and could not use my 964 with my desktop.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 26th, 2010 14:00

samplesuccess,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. We now have an easier method for installing the printer. Instructions can be found at...

Dell 964 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!