7- Thorium

Re: 966 all in one printer

Marty,

I think I see what is happening. Your printer is seeing the phone line because of the DSL Service, so it can send outgoing.

How about trying the DSL filter in wall, voip box, then printer? What happens?

Maybe wall, dsl filter splitter voip box to self and printer on seperate split? Try a couple of different combinations but if you don't get everything working fully, then remember what you have right now, you can at least send.

Another suggestion would be to contact your VOIP provider and ask them how they recommend plugging in a fax machine to your VOIP service. They may have something special that is needed to complete the circuit.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
iseeu2
2 Bronze

Are you saying to connect the DSL filter in the back of the VOIP box & just plug in the phone cable in the back of the printer #13. Or put a DSL filter on the back of the VOIP box & another DSL filter to the back of the printer #13.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Marty,

I would try...

wall > DSL Filter > voip box > printer > phone

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Erie9101
2 Bronze

I have used FAX over VoIP for years, usually with good success.  The key is to plug the FAX machine into a VoIP adapter phone port.  If the port gives dial tone to an analog phone, it will give dial tone to a FAX machine.  It sometimes is necessary to disable error correction and/or to reduce FAX transmission speed to 9600 bps.  I often FAX successfully over a 768k DSL connection.

It also is important that, when using a FAX machine on a phone line which has DSL service also, the FAX machine must be plugged into the phone port of the filter, not the DSL port.

0 Kudos