Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2013 10:00

968 AIO printer not printing anything, test pages or alignment page.

We moved home with our printer, it was all packed up nice and snug and was not needed for the first six months here.

After that I unpacked it and put new printer cartridges in him (series 7) and it went through its alignment and printed out a blank page.

Tried a few cleaning runs, nothing. Tried some test pages, nothing. The print heads operate like usual but nothing gets printed.

So put in a new set of print cartridges, again series 7 both colour and black but the same.

The print heads remain totally dry, no ink is getting pumped at all. Sucking on the print head you can pull through the colours or the black ink so its all there and not blocked but whatever pushes the ink through is not happening.

Reloaded the driver software from looking at the solutions here but was rather dubious as the computer driver software should not influence the printer test pages but that does nothing either.

It will not copy, it will not print it just pumps out nice blank sheets of paper.

Before we moved its printing quality was dropping so I grabbed some new cartridges to replace them but now its print output is just a white sheet of paper.

Any ideas, it is a couple of years old now but not used very much. I hoped to get at least 5 years from it.

Thanks,

Kelvin

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 16th, 2013 11:00

Kelvin,

The printhead for this printer, if my memory serves me correctly is on the Dell Series 7 ink cartridge. You can try my advice below but I suspect you may have a bad Dell Series ink cartridge(s).

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer.

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 7 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 7 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 7 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 7 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible that you got a Dell Series 7 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Take it back to the place of purchase for a refund or replacement.

Rick

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2013 16:00

Thanks Rick,

No, no error message except after it does it auto alignment set up it says the alignment did not work and try cleaning it and doing it again. Tried it just because I had the time but it did nothing.

I have to assume I have a set of cartridges that are failed or I have a problem caused after the move. I bought a few cartridges before I moved and they are now old so it is possibly the cartridges or I could take a punt and buy some more from dell and see if they work.

I get the impression the method of pumping the ink or however it does it is not functioning. Not too sure what is in a dell cartridge that makes the ink come through but whatever it is it is not working. Sucking on the cartridge makes the ink come through so no blockage just no pumping action.

Taking the cartridges back to dell, not really possible so getting new ones might be the only option.

Its a job for next week,

R

Kelvin

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2013 16:00

Kelvin,

The only article that may help...

Cleaning Dell ink cartridges

Rick

8 Posts

March 3rd, 2013 12:00

Another suggestion is like i have just done "bin everything with the Dell name on it"

3 Posts

March 4th, 2013 12:00

This is a Dell and HP household, we ahve had more trouble with the HP stuff than the Dell stuff. Infact our HP PDA just went in the bin and our HP desktop that powers the troublesome printer has got close a few times.

No Events found!