Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 21st, 2009 19:00

968 wireless printer communication not available

I have a 2 Wre DSL and a Inspiron 1720.  This setup worked until Vista had to be reloaded.  I have followed the Dell fualt tree without sucess. 

I have a good signal the printer prints out a page that says it is connected.  I notice that DHCP is "off"

Why does it not print

Dave

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 21st, 2009 22:00

Dave,

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

Remember to get all Windows Updates, again.

First make sure your computer has all the Windows updates. I have the custom ones too, especially the new framework(Needed to run many applications). Also make sure to have the latest Java. Since you didn't mention how the printer's connected, here the basic instructions for this printer.

Disconnect your printer. 

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

I recommend using these  Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get everything to communicate correctly. I have DHCP enabled on my wireless router. I assigned my printer an ip address at the high end of my ip address. (Example: my printer ip address is 192.168.1.149) All the other computer get assigned an ip address automatically. 

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Remember to install the latest firmware for the 968 printer.

Rick

No Events found!