Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 4th, 2009 13:00

A940 All-in-One center software

I've seen this question asked several times, but no-one has gotten the right answer. Where can I download the ALL-IN-ONE CENTER program? There are downloads for the printer drivers, but not the "CENTER" program

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 4th, 2009 15:00

rjgwho,

The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 6th, 2009 15:00

SLVRCHELSEA,

Make and model of your computer would be helpful. There are a few issues with a couple of model numbers. Right click on the setup.exe and run as administrator.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and un-install all versions of Java, restart your computer and download and install the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Now install the proper Drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

What happens now? 

Rick

June 6th, 2009 14:00

I am doing something wrong I'm sure... I downloaded the clean up utility...  It's called the DellXPCleanUpUtility.... I'm running vista... I got a new computer, hooked up my printer and the internet I guess automatically downloaded what was needed for me to print... However, I don't know where my disk is for the printer, and I can't figure out how to get the AIO Center from the driver.... I ran the clean up utility, rebooted, downloaded the drivers and firmware... but when I unzip the drivers, that's all I get and then the firmware says there are no drivers installed.... So.... I guess I don't know how to INSTALL the drivers... there are a bunch of unzipped files in the dell folder, but I don't know what to do with them if anything... I need the AIO Center...  HELP... :(

June 7th, 2009 05:00

You are wonderful, thank you.... Everything seems to be in working order... Now, do I still need to run the firmware if it's all working correctly?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 7th, 2009 07:00

SLVRCHELSEA,

I did NOT see a firmware update for this printer or I would have posted it unless there was an issue with it an I removed it.

Where are you seeing a firmware update, Windows Updates? Windows Updates are GREAT for WINDOWS ONLY. I have seen so many people get drivers from Windows Updates and either Microsoft offers the wrong drivers and/or the drivers get install incorrectly causing many devices to work. Windows Updates for Windows ONLY.

If you have a problem with a device, then post it in a forum or go to the manufacturers website for updated drivers.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Rick

5 Posts

June 12th, 2009 08:00

Thanks Rick, I followed your complete instructions and everything seems to be working now

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 12th, 2009 10:00

rjgwho,

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

4 Posts

July 6th, 2009 15:00

Rick,

I am having the same issues as the folks above...I have a Model A940 with .  I was using it with a IBM R50p Think Pad running Windows XP SP2.  It always worked flawlessly.  Regardless, I had to replace my ThinkPad with an eMachine running Vista Home Basic SP3.  Once I hooked up the printer with the new computer I could not get anything to work, no matter what driver I downloaded and installed.

I found this discussion and followed your directions to a tee.   However , when the installation finishes and the All In One Center tries to start or when I manually try to start the All In One Center I get the following error message, " AIOC.exe has stopped working".  I try to use the "Check online for a solution and close the program" option,  but all I get is a message stating that "windows is searching for a solution to the problem" and that's where it ends.  No browser or further explanation is offered.

Interestingly enough, I can print from all applications, but I cannot open the All In One Center so that I can scan.  I'm not sure where my original installation disk is, perhaps with a little more searching I might be able to locate it.

Any advice or counsel you might have is much appreciated!

Stu

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

<ADMIN NOTE: Service Tag removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 6th, 2009 16:00

Stu,

First, please edit your post to remove the service tag number. It may not be as crucial as a service tag of a computer but posting service tags are TOS, since they claim they contain personal information.

Second, try disconnecting the printer, again, run the patch(run as administrator) until it prompts you to restart your computer. Restart your computer and install the proper Vista drivers downloaded from the above links I provided. You should be prompted to connect your printer(powered on) Please use a 5ft USB cable or smaller. Do NOT join the ink program as it conflicts with some Vista systems.

The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package. The computer that you're connecting the printer to is a desktop, correct, with Vista Home Basic SP2?

If the printer doesn't install, then there may be a USB issue with the computer, so try using a different port. Drivers MUST be installed first.

Rick

4 Posts

July 6th, 2009 21:00

Rick,

I just realized that I did not install SP2 on this machine (only downloaded it)!

So, I'll start over again after installing the Service Pack using your additional directions and see where that takes me.  The Ink Program did install and my USB cable is over 5 feet in length, so I'll rectify those as well. 

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know my progress.

Stu

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 6th, 2009 22:00

Stu,

A 6 ft USB Cable might work, but that would probably be the limit. USB ports do not have a lot of power to travel the current very far.

Rick

4 Posts

July 7th, 2009 18:00

Hmmm....I changed to a short USB cable and made sure I was fully updated on my OS and applications.  I went back through the process above with the same result... "AOIC.exe has stopped working"  The problem signature was listed as the following:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    dlbaaiox.exe
  Application Version:    1.55.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    45daff41
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.0.6002.18005
  Fault Module Timestamp:    49e03821
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00067f1a
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    baf4
  Additional Information 2:    3137939fed3252ba18ec1daeaa870811
  Additional Information 3:    a19b
  Additional Information 4:    76d8815bb4603f795b

The one thing I've realized is that I'm never given the option NOT to install the Ink software...How do I not install that when installing the drivers?  I'm not given an "advanced" option or the ability to customize the install.  Thanks again SO much for your time!

Stu

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 7th, 2009 22:00

Stu,

Disconnect the printer. Right click on the patch, left click run as administrator. Run it until you get prompted to restart your computer. Restart your computer and then run the patch one more time the same way. After you restart the computer a second time, then try installing the proper drivers.

What happens now?

Rick

4 Posts

July 8th, 2009 07:00

Rick,

I went through the process and got the same error message. 

I have no issues printing, the drivers appear to work, it seems to be the  AIOC software that is having issues.

I'm going to look for the original installation disk, although I'm not sure it will help much as this printer was built before Vista was released.

Thanks again for your time.

Stu

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 8th, 2009 09:00

Stu,

Usually when problems like this happens, there might be a small issue with your computer. Did you try a different USB Port? (front & back)

Did you try scanning for malware? Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, update it and do a quick scan. Any infections?

As you see in the above posts, that the printer will install on a Vista machine, if you download the drivers from the above links.

Try start, control panel, system and on the page see if you have Vista 32-bit or 64-bit. Installing the wrong drivers can also be a problem, the removal patch will still work.

Rick

No Events found!