rdbcatcher
1 Nickel

Re: AIO 920, vista, and windows 7 RC

Rick

Yup, sure is. Well, better safe than sorry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
murie
1 Nickel

Back again, Rick:

the AIO 920 printer works with the Vista driver in Win 7: it prints, it copies, it faxes. what it doesn't do is send scans where they should go (using Windows fax and scan is better). and it doesn't know when to shut up. it will either print me two copies of whatever i'm doing, or it will spend two days deleting the file, which has grown to an unmanageable size---46 megs for a couple of jpegs. sometimes it does both.

any suggestions other than reinstalling the driver?

or do I have to wait for October and the real Windows 7 and maybe then a Win 7 driver? 

regards,

murie

0 Kudos

Murie,

I would suggest, disconnecting the printer, run the patch(run as administrator) until it prompts you to restart your computer. Restart your computer and then install the Vista drivers. (These are available from the second post in this thread)

I was told Windows 7 drivers will not be available until the end of October, so people have to be patient.

Did you Update list of applications to send scans to?

Settings for scanning, try looking at the printer settings and change it to suit your needs. I have my printer set to scan at 600 dpi, because I scan mostly pictures to put them on disks to reprint them.

Are you faxing? Did you try using the Vista program from BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos