Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2006 18:00

AIO 922 Printer prints black blocks over entire print

I am suddenly having problems with my AIO 922 printer.  It is printing black blocks covering the printed page.  You can see the stuff it is printing under the black blocks.  I have ran the normal troubleshooting.  I have soaked the cartridges (color and black) in warm water.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software a couple of times.  I'm not getting any error messages.  Everything seems normal until the printed page comes out of the printer with the black covering the printed image or type.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You
trichjun17

November 2nd, 2006 21:00

I am having a similar problem with my AIO922 with yellow.  Looks like the text is highlighted.  I have tried everything in PSC and online help.  Nothing works. Have you had any luck?  All I can think of is to try a new cart - if that doesn't work..... I am hoping someone has some other suggestions!

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2006 00:00

I just tried making a copy using the scan feature directly from the top of the printer, also unplugged the USB cable just to make sure the computer wasn't interfering somehow.  Didn't change a thing.  It still prints the black over the image or type.  So, no, I haven't figured anything out.  Let me know if you get yours working and I will share the same.

Thanks,
trichjun17

5 Posts

November 12th, 2006 12:00

I decided not to put any more time or money in the printer.  I bought an AIO Cannon Pixma MP460.  PROBLEM SOLVED!!

4 Posts

November 12th, 2006 12:00

I am having the same problem with yellow highlight.  I have turned off color printing so I can at least print my holiday labels without a yellow background.  I too am looking for an answer, I cannot imagine what I have done.

50 Posts

November 13th, 2006 15:00

have you tried running a nozzle clean? Press the Scan Button and the Up Button at the same time to enter diagnostic mode.then go down to clean and press menu. if same problem occurs clean the encoder strip. its the transparent plastic belt at the back of the cartridge. use a dry lint free cloth to clean it. then try again. try printing a test page and see if they have same problem too. if test page is okay. try also doing a power cycle.

5 Posts

November 13th, 2006 17:00

Did and tried all that you suggested, already.  Same black blocking occurred.  New Cannon printer is working great, though.

Thanks,
trichjun17

November 13th, 2006 20:00

I have tried the nozzle clean and cleaning the encoder strip also.  What is a power cycle? I can still only print in black unless I want yellow bands everywhere!
Thanks

5 Posts

December 13th, 2006 13:00

A buddy of mine has the same AIO 922 printer, but his is printing fine.  I took my ink cartridges out and installed them in his good printer.  When printing, the black blocks appeared on the printed page.  So, we must have bad ink cartridges.  That's the only conclusion.

December 13th, 2006 14:00

Thanks trichjun17 and cheleym for keeping in touch.  I ordered new cartridges and they should arrive today, so I will try it!

4 Posts

December 13th, 2006 14:00

Try replacing your print cartidge.  I had a similar problem, when I changed the cartridge the problem went away!  Good luck
No Events found!