Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2009 04:00

AIO 922 power button always flashes and cannot turn on

Hi, I'm trying to solve a problem with a relative's printer, and hope you lot can help!

She has an AIO 922, which is a few years old now but was working fine until a few days ago, when the location of the printer and pc in the room was changed. The printer was unplugged in one location and plugged back into the new location, and now the printers' power button just flashes. There is no message on the display panel, and trying to print from the pc results in a "no communication" message. Pressing the power button has no effect - it continues to flash, neither does trying to use the printer stand-alone (ie. with the pc turned off).

I am stuck for ideas, therefore I'd welcome any suggestions!

Many thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2009 06:00

Holtzclaw,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer is getting. Make sure there is paper and no paper jam. Examine the switch where the paper leaves the tray.

Rick

3 Posts

November 9th, 2009 03:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply - I've tried your suggestion with no result.

Now, the flashing light has stopped flashing, but the printer remains lifeless, even after I removed the power pack and replace it as suggested. Nothing appears on the display. I've checked the fuse in the plug, that's fine. I suppose the power pack could have died, but is there anyway I can test it to see if this is the case? Apart from that, I'm out of ideas.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 9th, 2009 07:00

Holtzclaw,

I don't know if there is a way to test the cord and power brick or not. I think mine has a little green light on the power brick. I don't see any replacement cords on Dell's website and it could get a little costly, if it's not something simple. Most new printers are around $100 these days.

Best I can do for you.

Take care,

Rick

3 Posts

November 9th, 2009 08:00

Rick,

I don't believe there's a light on the power pack. I might try to find a cheap one, if still no joy there, looks like it's a new printer.

Thanks again.

No Events found!