Highlighted
TamaraB
1 Copper

Re: AIO 926 -Printer status window interface as stopped working

Will these instructions work for the same problem betwen my Dell AIO 960 connected to my Gateway laptop running Vista 32 bit???

I have tried installing and reinstalling drivers and utilities via the printer factory disk but no resolution.

I tried creating another user account but encountered the same problem.

I can copy in BW and color although the color is very faded. 

Thanks for your help.  I have searched MS, Dell and Gateway sites but have not been able to fix this.

My printer was working just fine before I had to use the recovery disk, following a total blackout after downloading Service Pack 2.

0 Kudos
tweedledee1317
1 Copper

I know this sounds too easy, but replace your USB cord. I had the exact same problem that you descrube and it was driving me crazy. I followed all the advice I could find on-line. I uninstalled, reinstalled and patched several times. I could print 1 page and then get the message and start all over again.  Finally, my husband suggested that I get a new USB cord.  I did not have much faith in the suggestion, but I bought and installed a new USB cord and I have not had a problem since. The cord I replaced was the original USB cord that came with my Dell printer, so I wonder if there might be a problem with the cord. ?  

LithiaAnn
1 Copper

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Dell Photo 926 Print Issue with Windows

I had this problem for a good year before I figured out how to rig it  – this will not require a reboot!!

·         Go to Control Panel

·         Choose Printers

·         Choose the Dell 926

·         Right click on the Dell 926 and choose Properties

·         Choose Printing Preferences

·         Click on the Maintenance tab

·         Choose Network Support and wait

·         Somehow this engages the printer to print!

·         If you choose Network Support and it still gives a message that Printer Interface stopped working or something like that – just close the program and try Network Support again

LithiaAnn
1 Copper

Dell Photo 926 Print Issue with Windows

I had this problem for a good year before I figured out how to rig it  – this will not require a reboot!!

·         Go to Control Panel

·         Choose Printers

·         Choose the Dell 926

·         Right click on the Dell 926 and choose Properties

·         Choose Printing Preferences

·         Click on the Maintenance tab

·         Choose Network Support and wait

·         Somehow this engages the printer to print!

·         If you choose Network Support and it still gives a message that Printer Interface stopped working or something like that – just close the program and try Network Support again

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
rjgraham96
1 Copper

This solution did work and it was easy.  However, it only seems to be a temporary fix to the solution.  I tried printing something else and had the same message " Printer staus windown interface stopped working and was closed.  A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.  Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

0 Kudos