Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2009 10:00

AIO 926 -Printer status window interface as stopped working

I keep getting this message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. Several times after reinstalling would print 1 page and then get this message.When this does occur I cannot delete printing without restarting computer, it will say it is deleting but will stay that way for hours. I have tried patch to remove program and then reinstalled with another patch. Connected with USB and Vista operating system. Any suggestions would be appreciated. As a side note, I do have another HP printer hooked to this computer that has no problems (does not have all the features of Dell)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 20th, 2009 10:00

jfksr,

Please follow the instructions exactly as I have them, then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and un-install all versions of Java, restart your computer and download and install the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

3 Posts

August 30th, 2009 10:00

This seemed to work for a short time and now is back to same thing...I can print 1 item and the next one will have message of windows interface has stopped working...then will only start working again after computer is restarted (it will also print the one it couldn't print before after restarted-this happens even if I had tried to cancel it)...very frustrating as my old HP has no problems (also no features)...turned off Windows firewall as I have Norton installed...any further suggestions would be appreciated...

3 Posts

January 20th, 2010 09:00

I tried everything that was suggested to no avail...I do believe that in my case it has to do with
Windows Vista (and updates) as I can use it on laptop that does not have Vista...so as a
solution I purchased a HP Printer...didn't like this answer but was not able to receive any
help from Dell about this problem...Good Luck

4 Posts

January 20th, 2010 09:00

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem you had.

Did you ever manage to resolve the problem?

3 Posts

February 21st, 2010 12:00

I am having the same problem and have followed all of the procedures listed on here, I would really like to know how else we can fix it. I'm in college and can't afford to go and buy another printer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 21st, 2010 13:00

Rlindsey1,

I'm having the exact same problem doesn't say much. The make and model og your computer and operating system are helpful.

Also can you make a copy of a document when you put it under the glass? B&W and color?

Are you using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges?

Is the printer installed correctly? 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Maybe you should start a new thread so the information from the other persons problems doesn't get confused with yours.

Dell Printers Forum

Rick

3 Posts

February 21st, 2010 14:00

I was reffering to the previous persons post, sorry.

Make:Dell XPS 420 running Vista 32 Bit

Yes, It will let me copy in both B&W and Color.

Yes, I am using Series 9

I have followed the directions from other post on uninstalling and re-installing the driver and printer. I am experienceing the same problem of the windows printer interface error message.

3 Posts

February 21st, 2010 14:00

I was reffering to the previous persons post, sorry.

Make:Dell XPS 420 running Vista 32 Bit

Yes, It will let me copy in both B&W and Color.

Yes, I am using Series 9

I have followed the directions from other post on uninstalling and re-installing the driver and printer. I am experienceing the same problem of the windows printer interface error message.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 21st, 2010 15:00

Rlindsey1,

You can copy a document in both B&W and color, so this means the printer is working correctly. You need to...

Disconnect the printer. Download and run the patch (Printer cleanup utility), a MUST on Vista computers, until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers and install them. You'll get a prompt, the printer is not connected. Attach the printer at this time.(powered on) The link to the patch and Vista drivers can be found at...

926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

If the printer does not install, then try a different USB Ports. Try the front as well as the back.

Rick

3 Posts

March 16th, 2010 13:00

Will these instructions work for the same problem betwen my Dell AIO 960 connected to my Gateway laptop running Vista 32 bit???

I have tried installing and reinstalling drivers and utilities via the printer factory disk but no resolution.

I tried creating another user account but encountered the same problem.

I can copy in BW and color although the color is very faded. 

Thanks for your help.  I have searched MS, Dell and Gateway sites but have not been able to fix this.

My printer was working just fine before I had to use the recovery disk, following a total blackout after downloading Service Pack 2.

May 14th, 2010 11:00

I know this sounds too easy, but replace your USB cord. I had the exact same problem that you descrube and it was driving me crazy. I followed all the advice I could find on-line. I uninstalled, reinstalled and patched several times. I could print 1 page and then get the message and start all over again.  Finally, my husband suggested that I get a new USB cord.  I did not have much faith in the suggestion, but I bought and installed a new USB cord and I have not had a problem since. The cord I replaced was the original USB cord that came with my Dell printer, so I wonder if there might be a problem with the cord. ?  

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 12:00

Dell Photo 926 Print Issue with Windows

I had this problem for a good year before I figured out how to rig it  – this will not require a reboot!!

·         Go to Control Panel

·         Choose Printers

·         Choose the Dell 926

·         Right click on the Dell 926 and choose Properties

·         Choose Printing Preferences

·         Click on the Maintenance tab

·         Choose Network Support and wait

·         Somehow this engages the printer to print!

·         If you choose Network Support and it still gives a message that Printer Interface stopped working or something like that – just close the program and try Network Support again

Good Luck!

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 12:00

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Dell Photo 926 Print Issue with Windows

I had this problem for a good year before I figured out how to rig it  – this will not require a reboot!!

·         Go to Control Panel

·         Choose Printers

·         Choose the Dell 926

·         Right click on the Dell 926 and choose Properties

·         Choose Printing Preferences

·         Click on the Maintenance tab

·         Choose Network Support and wait

·         Somehow this engages the printer to print!

·         If you choose Network Support and it still gives a message that Printer Interface stopped working or something like that – just close the program and try Network Support again

1 Message

November 6th, 2011 15:00

This solution did work and it was easy.  However, it only seems to be a temporary fix to the solution.  I tried printing something else and had the same message " Printer staus windown interface stopped working and was closed.  A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.  Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

No Events found!