Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2005 20:00

AIO 962 'carriage stall' and belt issues (HELP -- pic inside)

I am having some trouble with my new AIO 962.  It was printing a fax and the paper jammed...cleared that no problem.  Now I'm getting the 'carrier stall' error and nothing is blocking.  What is interesting is that the belt(?) seems to be loose.  I don't know if that is how it is supposed to be (no pics online of this printer anywhere) but nonetheless it doesn't work.  I have taken pictures of the belt.  The problem is...I can't figure out where this belt is supposed to attach....

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Todd

Message Edited by trs420 on 04-06-2005 05:06 PM

569 Posts

April 7th, 2005 16:00

There is a silver metal bar that the carrier rides back and forth across, you can see it in your pic.  Follow that bar all the way to the left and right, you will see the round notches that the belt should be replaced on.  They will be a few millimeters above and behind the end of that bar on both sides, the one on the left is black, and the one on the right is white (with a silver spring next to it).  You're probably going to need a flashlight.  The ribbed portion of the belt should be facing in when replaced.  This might not be the worlds simplest job unless you have very small hands, or you attempt to remove some of the screws and detach part of the housing.  If it's still covered under warranty, this might be something you just have Dell replace or fix...

1 Message

April 21st, 2007 23:00

I had the same problem 'carriage stall' as described here . Also my carriage was jumping about 2 inches at a time. After trying several different attempts to fix the problem I called Dell support and after a $39 charge I was told the the carriage aligns itself by shining a light though the ribbon. after cleaning the ribbon, my printer is working perfectly now. Hope this helps and saves you 39 dollars...... :)

23 Posts

February 13th, 2008 21:00

Man thanks for the help just started having that trouble wouldn't want to pay $39 though.  That stupid of dell to charge that!  Thanks anyway
No Events found!