Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2009 06:00

AIO 962 dlbxmon.exe error

Hi, Been searching for a solution to the AIO 962 error I am getting that involves the dlbxmon.exe error appearing on startup and am not quite sure if the solutions I have found to similar issues are right for this case. Am only average at fixing things on PCs, so wanted to be sure that I was going to do the right thing before I started, as I am nervous of breaking the machine. Basically the printer stopped working a few weeks ago, as far as I can tell, after a windows auto update of some kind. When reinstalling to try and fix it (having checked other more obvious causes), I had no luck until I chose to install a new set of drivers from the disk. At this point the printer worked great again until I restarted the machine later on that evening, at which point I ended up with the same error and being unable to print once more. I am therefore assuming that there is something in the registry (?) that is causing some sort of corruption of the install/drivers? The machine is a Dimension 8400, running XP Pro. Would a similar fix to one that seems fairly often posted here (by a poster named Rick, for example in this post: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19206697/19370896.aspx) which references running a patch to remove the printer, disconnecting the printer, installing the drivers and then the updated firmware, stand a chance of fixing things? Also, if this is right, would the patch cause any problems given that it is stated compatible with Vista and would be run on the XP machine? Any help hugely appreciated! :O)

2 Posts

August 18th, 2009 09:00

Many thanks Rick, I'll try that this week. Rabidbun

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 18th, 2009 09:00

Rabidbun,

The patch, is a printer cleanup utility for just this printer. It works with all systems but MUST be run on Vista machines.

I would suggest making a new thread as the information can get confused with the last persons answers. But before you do, try disconnecting the printer, run the patch un til it prompts you to restart your computer. Restart your computer, then install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on) Please use a 6ft or smaller USB Cable.

Forget the firmware as some firmwares people are having issues with, but I don;t this this printer is one of them, so you should be ok if you flashed the printer with the correct firmware.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 18th, 2009 12:00

Rabidbun,

I'm sorry, I should read a little more carefully. Try re-installing the printer using the instructions below and tell me if the error still occurs.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(right click on the patch, left click run as administrator), A MUST on Vista machines, until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

No Events found!