Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2012 16:00

AIO 964

Everyone,

My AIO 964 will only turn on or off by unplugging the power cord.  when power is applied the menu screen only shows the ink status screen 7 will not change to the actual function menu.  pressing the menu button will not cause the screen to change.

In addition the screen has a blue background with lines running through it.  The printer will print a file and test page but will not print a cartridge alignment page.

I have unistalled and reinstalled the driver CD all to no avail.

The printer is hooked up to a Dell Dimension E510 with Windows XP Home Edition.

Help in determining the problem and solution to my concern would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tank Killer

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 16th, 2012 10:00

Tank Killer,

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer.

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 5 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 5 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

5 Posts

July 21st, 2012 18:00

Rick,

I followed your instructions and replaced both ink cartridges with new ones.  It finally printed an alignment page.

There are no error messages and the printer still  will not turn off unless it is un plugged.  Also the printer will not change from the ink display screen to the system menu.  

Do you have any other suggestions that might resolve the situation?

Regards,

Tank Killer

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 23rd, 2012 09:00

Tank Killer,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick for 60 seconds. This should reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Rick

No Events found!