Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2009 02:00

AIO 968 printer

My dell AIO printer 968 scanner doesn't work. I learn is because I am using vista, what should I do to get it working?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2009 03:00

ketche1421,

Can you copy something under the glass? B&W and Color? If so, your scanner is working and I will give you instructions to get everything working.

Please tell me the make and model of your computer and operating system. Also tell me how you're trying to connect the 968 printer to your computer.

Rick

2 Posts

August 1st, 2009 03:00

I can copy  in colour and black & white. I am using dell laptop XPS M1530 and vista operating system.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2009 12:00

ketche1421,

Since you can copy, the printer is ok, so that leaves the drivers and/or communications being the problem. Try following the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

Disconnect your printer. 

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

I recommend using these  Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get everything to communicate correctly. I have DHCP enabled on my wireless router. I assigned my printer an ip address at the high end of my ip address. (Example: my printer ip address is 192.168.1.149) All the other computer get assigned an ip address automatically. 

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

No Events found!