Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2009 23:00

AIO 968 vista 64 setting up print to fax option

Hi there,

My older Dell printer, which is a 962 had a feature which was finicky to install, which is the AIO Fax "printer" in the printers folder. 

would like to have the same feature on this new laptop  (Dell Studio, 4 GIG Ram, Intel Dual Core.  This is a combonation of a new laptop with a new printer.

Any help would be great!

Thanks, 

Temp

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 25th, 2009 12:00

TempestFyre,

You can try inserting the 962 disk first and try this. If that doesn't work, then you can try inserting the 968 printer disk and try it. Not sure if you will find a compatable version of the fax software on the disk. If all else fails, then go to...

BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing

Rick

April 25th, 2009 23:00

Rick,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I still have a couple of questions about your suggestion.

1.  I did download BVRP's Classic Phone tools.  Should I run the printer removal tool  and start the printer installation over? 

2.  Also,  should I install BVRP first or after the printer installation?

3.  May have issues with Classic Phone Tools, as there is no modem built into this Studio Laptop.  Should I install the printer first as a usb device or go directly to the ethernet setup?

I appreciate your time,

Tempest

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 26th, 2009 03:00

Tempest,

Since you do NOT have a modem in your Studio(I have a 1737 32-bit), then the fax software will NOT install and work on your computer. I guess that your printer uses the computer to fax. Which means that you'll need to use some type of third party software if you want to fax from the Studio. I actually prefer, with the modern technology today, to send and receive documents via email whenever possible. My 964 can fax without my computer connected, but I hardly use it.

If you can print, copy and scan from the printer to your computer, then this is all you can do and nothing needs to be done. If you cannot print, scan or copy from the printer to your computer, then let me know as I have a special procedure for Vista machines. Also tell me how you're connecting the 968 printer to your computer, wired, using the wireless card in the printer or wireless print server(maybe the 3300). I will be able to get you all the functions except the faxing, sorry.

Rick

No Events found!