Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2010 08:00

Adding Windows 7 drivers to 5100cn

I have a 5100cn installed as a network printer on a Server 2003 machine. I want to add the ability for our Windows 7 users to print to this machine. How do I add the driver but still have the drivers for other operating systems available, i.e., if I go to the printer properties, click on the "Sharing" tab, select "Additional Drivers", I want to see all operating systems there; or, is there a different way I need to do this?

12 Posts

February 10th, 2010 09:00

Thank you, Mary G. I did add the printer as you suggested. The user is unable to print to it in Excel; it makes Excel crash. I was able to print to a different network printer so assumed it was a driver issue with the 5100cn. The user is using a Windows 7 32-bit OS. Do you have any suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 10th, 2010 09:00

The drivers get installed on the users computers, not on the printer or server. Just use the Add a new printer wizard on each user's computer.

1 Message

August 8th, 2012 12:00

We had the same problem for some time, trying to share a Dell 5100cn to Windows 7 64-bit clients over the network. And I've finally found a solution! When installing the printer, choose the HP Color LaserJet 2800 Series PS drivers that Windows provides. They work perfectly for this printer! Other drivers may work better, but I'm not messing around any more than I have to.

I hope this helps others with the same problem. :emotion-1:

No Events found!