Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

February 2nd, 2008 03:00

All in one 922 printer & Vista - ran upgrade patch R166239.zip - printer still not working

Ok, I got the driver patch to get my 922 printer installed.  The printer is installed, vista says that the driver is updated and the printer is ready.  However, I still can't print.  I can't change printing preferences or manage them either ( all the options are grey and un-selectible)  So I can't even print a test page.  When I try to send in a print command it does not register at all.  It does not show in the que and its as if the job was not even ordered.  I hope someone can help. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2008 06:00

Try doing it this way. It should correct your problems. Let us know how you make out.

How are you connected to the printer? wired of wireless?

If wired, disconnect your printer. Go to start/programs/Dell printers and un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer.

Install your printer. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

If wireless, fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA security

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

If wireless printer server is used, Plug USB cable into computer and print server. Insert the print server disk. Choose Network, then choose print server and follow the instructions.

Now setup the printer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer.

Install your printer. Choose Network. Install the drivers.

Everything should now work.

February 2nd, 2008 07:00

Well, I'm responding to my own post -  I was able to solve the problem however. 

Bare with me, i've gone step by step in case anyone needs things spelled out to them like I do!!! :smileyvery-happy:

First - I uninstalled all the drivers and applications to start fresh.  I used the disk to uninstall the original software and drivers.  I left that printer plugged into the USB, it did not seem to be a problem.

Next: 1.Went back to Dell.com - drivers/downloads

2.select product model - printers - printer 922 - confirm

3.Choose operating system - Vista 32 bit

4.there are three downloads listed - I did not need download R166239.zip (the Patch/upgrade), that is for uninstalling exsisting software on XP - I was starting fresh with vista, so it was not necessary

5.The other two I did need.  The application and the driver.  I downloaded both of those.

6.Then I went into My Computer and opened my hard drive files (C:/)

7. Double click to open Dell, double click to open drivers, then double click on Setup Application

8. The application runs, locates the printer and port and looks for the driver file that was also downloaded into dell/drivers (R151371)

And that was that. !!! EUREKA

1 Message

January 10th, 2011 15:00

will I be able to do this on a HP?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 10th, 2011 18:00

mandy1066,

The instructions has been updates since this thread was made. Try the instructions located at...

Dell 922 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Yes this can be run on any brand computer.

Rick

No Events found!