Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2010 03:00

Blue line on copied and scanned documents

I have a Dell 966al in one printer that produces a blue "margin" line on scanned and copied documents is there a fix that any one knows about please?

Jon

111 Posts

January 14th, 2010 06:00

Hello Jon,

Are you copying and scanning via the ADF or the scanner bed? Is the line in the exact same spot everytime? If so, you may want to look real close at the scanner glass and see if there's some material or dirt on it. I've run into this before and cleaned the glass which fixed the problem.

Shogun33

2 Posts

January 14th, 2010 12:00

hi Shogun33, thanks for answering.  I am doing both  I have cleaned the glass, but I still get this straight line down one side of the paper about 30mm in. It's more like it is in the scanner / copier carriage as it travel across the paper or the paper travels across it.

Jon

111 Posts

January 14th, 2010 13:00

Hmmmm....interesting.....maybe with the printer off see if you can see any small piece of debris on the scanner head itself then.....When did this start? Just recently? I'd not ever recommend to get inside the scanner area though.

Any possibilty that you could send a pic of the printed sheet so I could see exactly how this line looks?

Shogun

No Events found!