Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

February 11th, 2017 17:00

C1765NFW, not recognizing/accepting new toner cartridge

I have a c1765nfw all-in one printer. A few days ago I noticed it was printing pretty light. I took the cartridge (black) out and shook it a few times. Put it back in the printer. I restarted the printer and the message came up that the cartridge was empty and needed to be replaced.  I did not believe this as it is not that old.  Nonetheless, I got a new cartridge and put it in the printer. Giving me the same message "Replace Cartridge."

What is odd is that there were no messages prior to this telling me the cartridge was low, etc.

April 29th, 2018 18:00

Hi,

How was this resolved?  I have the same problem with the yellow cartridge - my printer is out of warranty.

4 Posts

April 30th, 2018 07:00

I did so and have not heard a reply.

4 Posts

April 30th, 2018 07:00

Same issue. No resolutions. I suspect it was a bad cartridge but the two I have both seem to have toner in them when shaken. Either two of the contacts boards are bad or the printer is. I hate to try a third cartridge and still have it not work. Was hoping Dell could tell me some way to be sure but they aren't answering.

28 Posts

September 5th, 2018 17:00

The problem I had back in 2017 is back again. Have had a couple cartridges since then. I am getting the Cartridge Detached message again. It also says 093-973 Printer. Not sure what that means. I am getting tired of this without some useful info.

I have tried 4 different cartridges that I have and none of them work.

My feeling is that the cartridge is not seating properly.

I have also noticed that one of the little tabs that extends down and contacts the chip extends out a little further than the rest (the one on the right). I kind of doubt that is an issue.

28 Posts

September 7th, 2018 11:00

Needing help.

28 Posts

February 12th, 2019 09:00

Still having an issue with this each time I try to put int a new cartridge. I even have this issue with an "authentic" Dell cartridge. Usually with the Dell cartridge if I goggle it around it will eventually click and the message disappears. I am getting really tired of this each time I have to put in a new cartridge.

12 Posts

August 25th, 2021 06:00

Did anyone find a solution to this. I am having the same problem.

My  printer is out of warranty but I'm hoping to find instructional help.

No Events found!