Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

September 16th, 2014 06:00

C1765nfw not scanning

My C1765nfw printer/scanner won't scan for me. I'm trying to scan a document as a PDF to a jump drive plugged into the printer, and it goes through the motions of scanning. But at the end fo the process, it says File Write Error 026-721 Scan Job Failure.

If I don't touch the scanner, it beeps and tells me the job is finished and that I can remove the USB drive. When I open the drive, there's a file that indicates something was scanned, but it won't open.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

September 18th, 2014 09:00

Hello TEAMMCCLOUD,

Thank you for posting to the forum. The likely cause of this issue is a defective thumb drive, or the drive is not formatted to FAT32 which is the format that this unit supports. If issues persist contact support.

Regards,

Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

September 21st, 2014 05:00

The problem also occurs when I try to scan to my computer. I have a brand new Mac hooked up with the USB, so I wouldn't expect any issues. 

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

September 22nd, 2014 16:00

Hello TEAMMCCLOUD,

It seems odd that you would get the same error when using a different scanning methods. I am going to request you reach out to support at this point so that they can assist you in more in-depth trouble shooting.

Regards,
Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

No Events found!