Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

February 7th, 2012 18:00

Cannot Scan Wirelessly to Dell Photo 966

Greetings,

I cannot scan wirelessly to my Dell Photo 966.  It is connected and prints fine. 

Here is what I've done:

1. I have microsoft Essentials and I have added all drivers to the excluded list.
  2. I have tried to update the list of applications to send scans to.  On the Dell All-In-One Center Scanning & Copying center, the option to "See More Scan Settings" is greyed out.

3. I used the "Update the list of applications to send scans to" and I have paint and photo gallery in there.

4. AIOC notes that I am communicating with my laptop.  But, when I try to scan from the printer I get the "Cannot retrieve scan applications list from your computer"  The network settings do not indicate a problem.

Please help!

11 Posts

February 13th, 2012 06:00

Thanks again for your help on this.  I have already updated my list of applications to send scans to.  You can see that in my first post (I've added finereader as an application to that list.)  The issue is that the 966 cannot download that list.   When i try to initiate the scan from the printer, it says "Cannot retrieve scan applications list from your computer" .

The issue remains that my OS doesn't know that there is a scanner out there and my scanner can't figure out how to talk to my laptop.  I see these problems as related.  

So, let's ask a different question.  Let's forget about communication for now.  How do I install drivers for the wireless scanner?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 13th, 2012 07:00

taward11,

Click on the blue PudgyOne and on the next page click start conversation. Please use the Dedll 966 in the subject and problems installing and we'll converse there.

Rick

September 2nd, 2012 17:00

If you haven't given up on your Dell AIO 966 yet (today I almost did, in fact I placed an order for a new printer today, and I think I might cancel it if this works) -- try this.  See if it works for you too.  It's a kludge but it might help.

Get the printer's IP address (print the network settings page or whatever).  Browse to that address in your web browser (that is, if your printer is at 192.168.0.101, go to http://192.168.0.101 in Internet Explorer or Firefox or whatever browser you use).  Click on "Configuration," then "Scan to Network Host Management."  Check the box for "Delete all hosts" and click on the "Delete" button.  Wait for it to finish doing its thing, then go to the printer, power it off, wait a few seconds, and power it back on.  Wait a minute or two for your PC to find the printer and connect to it again, then try your scan.

If yours behaves like mine, it will scan now.  Now, that would just prove to me that the issue is with the darn firmware in the printer -- and Dell should fix it, even if the printer is discontinued.  They've heard us griping for years, they should fix it!

3 Posts

December 22nd, 2019 19:00

I have been struggling with this exact issue. I can print fine but cannot scan to my Windows 10 laptop. I did discover however that I can load the list from my old Windows XP desktop to the same printer.  It seems that the Windows 10 cannot handshake with the 966 AIO.  Any Guru's have the answer?

3 Posts

I am fighting the same issue. I found that the 966 AIO printer will load a list from my old Windows XP desktop but not my Windows 10 laptop. It prints fine (64 bit) from my Windows laptop. Could it be an issue with 32 bit scan lists?

3 Posts

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2019 07:00

WhatsGNU,

Try reading this article...

https://www.dell.com/community/Printers-Wiki/Update-list-of-applications-to-send-scans-to/ta-p/5190879 

Also did you install Abby Fine Reader from the Dell Printer Disk?

Needed to scan to applications, like Word, Adobe Reader, etc.

Rick

No Events found!